High Efficiency Pool Pump
Many pool owners don’t realize how much energy their pool pump may be wasting. Pool pump speeds vary based on the pool’s operation. Filtration, for example, only requires half the flow rate of running a pool cleaner. Conventional pool pumps, with only one speed, are set to run at the higher speeds required of the pool cleaner and waste energy during filtration operation by running faster than necessary.
An ENERGY STAR certified pool pump can run at different speeds and be programmed to match the pool operation with its appropriate pool pump speed. The energy saved is considerable; reducing pump speed by one-half allows the pump to use just one-eighth as much energy.
ENERGY STAR certified pool pumps will:
- Save you over a thousand dollars over their lifetime.
- Pay for themselves in less than 2 years.
- Run quieter and prolong the life of your pool’s filtering system.
To check if there are any incentives or rebates available for this product in your area, please visit the Database of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency (DSIRE).
- Pool pump product must be ENERGY STAR Certified:
- Single Speed Pump: EF ≥ 3.8 for single speed
- Multi/Variable Speed/Flow: EF ≥ 3.8 for most efficient speed.
- Pool pump must replace an existing pool pump product.
- Pool pump must be installed per manufacturer’s specifications.